Pelican Trust was established in 1989. We provide high quality training and work experience in a supportive environment. We are here for people who wish to work after a period of illness or any other reason which has left them lacking in confidence. Contact us today to see if we can help
The nature of work itself provides important benefits to the individual – regularity, structure, self-esteem, social and personal contact, normality and social status – all of which are major factors. The Trust assists individuals to reach their potential, which may lead to open employment or further qualifications. We give individuals the opportunity to plan future developments and work towards nationally recognized qualifications helping them to take greater control of their training and to take pride in their achievements.
- Pelican Trust is a collection of unique businesses on one site designed to give people the opportunity to retrain in a supportive and caring environment.
- As a well established facility the work programmes have been developed to be positive, practical and rewarding for the individual.
- Our site can accommodate up to 140 people per week within the various departments and is available as a combination of units and facilities.
- Attendance is also flexible, from less than half a day to 5 full days per week, as agreed with the individual.
- We strive to be an effective and supportive organization providing meaningful work and training in a non-threatening environment for people with mental health issues, physical disabilities and learning difficulties and disabilities.
- Pelican Trust enable individuals to progress into work experience, employment or further training/education opportunities.
What we offer…
- Commercial Assembly
- Printing, Print Finishing, Print Press and Platemaking
Pelican Trust is part of the SHINE Network